Commercial Property ManagementExperience, expertise and daily involvement in the commercial, industrial and retail property market enable our team to fully understand its relative strengths and weaknesses providing us with the ability to apply our knowledge to the professional management of our clients office buildings, shopping centres, and industrial properties.
Our key objective is to maximize the financial performance of our client’s investment portfolio. As a general rule our company’s aim is to provide a flexible and proactive service to our clients that affords regular communication and a consultative approach to decision making. This can be done on an issue by issue basis together with regularly diarised meetings with our client. If you would like to discuss the benefits of having our company professionally manage your property please don’t hesitate to contact us.
Below are just some of the regular duties involved in our management role.
- Financial year budgeting of income and expenditure.
- Providing Outgoings Budgets to tenants as required by Leases.
- Rent, Outgoings, and Fees Collection through Agents Trust Account.
- Review Arrears and seek Owner authorisation to take legal action.
- Appoint Auditor where required to audit outgoings.
- Collate all applicable accounts for each property and organise direct payment from collected rental funds.
- Provide Monthly Owner (Income / Expenditure) Statements verifying all rental collection and property expenditure.
- Provide quarterly (or as required) GST Summary Statements accounting for GST paid and collected for each property.
- Remit Owner payments by Direct Credit to Owners Bank Account.
- Arrange Leases / Renewals and use best endeavours to ensure all documentation is complete and up to date.
- By instruction use appointed Solicitors to prepare such documentation.
- Establish a liaison with each tenant to allow all issues to be attended to and communicated effectively.
- Maintain Tenancy schedules to record current portfolio position, forecast reviews and attend to renewals and releasing vacating tenancies.
- Attendances and negotiation of assignments and sub-letting arrangements.
- Negotiate variations to lease conditions.
- Where necessary enforce rights of the Owner for any breach by initiating legal proceedings.
- Administer the control of all common areas where multiple tenancies exist.
- Conduct reviews and act on structural maintenance issues when and where required.
- Monitor any internal works undertaken by tenants.
- Ensure that all mechanical services are being maintained properly in accordance with the Leases.
- Where the Lessor maintains equipment, oversee all maintenance contracts, and annual licensing.
- Provide for future upgrades of mechanical services and building refurbishments.
- All major works to be undertaken in consultation with the Owner.
General building compliance/insurances
- Make sure that all fire protection and building emergency services are compliant and in working condition.
- Where the Lessee is responsible for fire protection ensure they are compliant and up to date.
- Review all Registers of existing pollutants, hazardous substances, asbestos products etc.
- Advise of types of insurance cover and arrange when required independent advice for the sum to be insured for each property. The procurement of insurance cover and adequacy of the terms and conditions are the Owner’s responsibility.
- Process insurance claims in accordance with insurer’s and Owner’s direction.
Contact Munro property Group today for a no obligation appraisal and to find out what we can do for you!